We all know that chickens have two heat dissipation methods, one is conduction heat dissipation, which uses the cold air around the body to cool down;
The other is evaporative heat dissipation through breathing. (When the temperature is more than 32 degrees Celsius.
The humidity is greater than 80%, it is defined as high temperature and high humidity weather.) The air humidity is high, the oxygen content is low, and the chicken’s body temperature rises.
The effect of the corresponding high humidity wet curtain will also be greatly reduced. Because the wet curtain itself relies on moisture to absorb heat and evaporate to achieve the cooling effect.
The cooling principle is that water passes through the wet curtain surface from top to bottom to form a water film, and the negative pressure generated by the shed fan is used to let the air quickly pass through the wet curtain, and the water in the water film absorbs the heat in the passing air and evaporates and takes it away. heat, so as to achieve the purpose of cooling.
However, when the air humidity of the chicken farms exceeds 80% and the inlet air humidity is close to saturation, the effect of evaporative cooling is close to failure. If it is a chicken after 28 days of age, when the temperature reaches above 29.5 °C and the relative humidity reaches 80% , it will be too hot to stop eating; and chickens weighing more than 1.5kg will die when the temperature reaches above 32°C and the relative humidity reaches 85%.
Therefore, the wet curtain should be used with caution in high temperature and high humidity weather, but the first thing to do is to increase the wind speed of the chicken house, so as to reduce the effect of humidity on the temperature of the chicken farm.
Performance of chicken heatstroke:collapsed, lying on the ground.
What are the main points we need to pay attention to and what preparations we need to do about hot weather?
- The number of exhaust fans should be enough: one of the essential basic weapons for conventional cooling, confirm that the fan is sufficient to support the maximum ventilation volume, and carefully check each fan belt, once the belt is slack and slips, it will virtually reduce the exhaust air volume of the fan!
- The area of the wet curtain should be enough: In fact, most of the breeding friends are not enough wet curtain. The experience of previous years can verify,the area of the wet curtain is satisfied with the cooling effect of extreme weather. If it is not enough, replenish it in time! If the aging is serious and the water permeability is poor, replace it in time.
- The generator is foolproof: it must be regularly repaired
- Periodic inspection of the circuit: The circuit of the fan and the wet pad water pump should be repaired in advance to eliminate the hidden danger of aging and short circuit in time.
- The roof fog line is effective: it is best to lay a rotating nozzle water mist line on the roof of the house if conditions permit. During the high temperature period, spraying water mist on the roof of the house can have a good cooling effect, or laying a sunshade net can also be used of.
- Ensure adequate drinking water: The temperature is high, the evaporation of water from the chicken body is large, and the amount of water drinking increases significantly. Therefore, it is necessary to ensure that each chicken can drink enough water, and ensure that the drinking water is clean and hygienic. You can also add ice cubes to drinking water.