Green-shell layer hens, whose eggs are green, are pure natural health foods with rich nutrition and medicinal value,which have attracted great attention and concern from national or foreign experts. The nursing of its fertilized breeder eggs should pay attention to:
- Selection for fertilized breeder eggs
The quality of the breeder fertilized eggs is related to the quality of the chicks and the performance of the grown chickens. When selecting breeder fertilized eggs, the source of the eggs should be considered. Observe first and then listen to the sound, and lighting through the eggs to observe inner perspective.
- Appearance selection: Check the cleanliness of the fertilized breeder eggs, egg size, egg shape, egg shell color.There should be no feces, egg liquid and other pollutants on the surface of hatching eggs, and the egg size should be moderate and conform the breed standard. Generally, it is appropriate to choose an egg weight of 38 to 45 grams. In addition, steel shell eggs, sand shell eggs, wrinkled egg and etc. should be all eliminated, cannot be used for breeding and hatching.
- Listening the sound: Lightly knock it, the sound of completely undamaged eggs is clear and crisp. If there is damage, you can hear the cracking sound, which should be eliminated.
- Lighting through the eggs: Use an egg-lighting lamp or special egg-lighting equipment to observe eggshells, egg yolks, blood spots, meat spots, etc. under the light.
- Preservation of fertilized breeder eggs
- Temperature: The optimum temperature 10℃～15℃. The critical temperature of chicken embryo development is 20℃. The ambient temperature for storage of fertilized breeder eggs is generally lower than 20℃, and the maximum temperature cannot exceed 23℃.
- Humidity: Generally, it is appropriate to keep it between 65% and 70%.
- Storage time of fertilized breeder eggs: It is recommended that the eggs be stored for 1 week, in severe winter or hot summer, the storage time should be within 5 days.
- Placement of fertilized breeder egg: During the storage period, the eggs should be placed vertically with the narrow head upward.
- Disinfection of the fertilized breeder eggs
- Disinfection time:
It is best to disinfect eggs immediately after collection, and execute the second disinfection when entering the
- Disinfection method:
Bromo Geramine disinfection
Spray the 0.1% Bromo Geramine solution on the surface of the egg, or soak it in the solution at 40℃～50℃ for 3 minutes, and then take it out to dry.
Potassium permanganate disinfection
Take 10 grams of potassium permanganate, add 50L of clean water, soak it in the solution at 40 ℃ for 2 minutes, take it out to dry and enter into incubation.
Ultraviolet radiation disinfection
Use ultraviolet light as a light source to irradiate the front of 40 cm away from the egg for 1 minute, and then irradiate the back for 1 minute.
Follow us on Facebook @retechfarmingchickencage, we will update the breeding information.